HomeSource Builders was ‘green’ before it was cool to be green. Over the past 15 years, we have instituted green building practices with the goal of reducing our environmental impact on the beautiful WNC mountains and surrounding communities. Many clients are interested in having a ‘green builder’ but do not truly understand what green construction is or how it works. View our simple green building techniques overview below or click here to view or download our detailed green building options flyer.
- Air barrier & additional sealing
- Advanced framing techniques
- Increased framed-wall and attic insulation
- Low-E windows
- ENERGY STAR® Appliances
In our medium green category Asheville green builders can expect the light green options above and additional products such as:
- High-efficiency air filters
- Low or no VOC paints and carpets
- Low or formaldehyde free interiors
- Jumper ducts in bedrooms
- Water saving fixtures
- Dual flush high-efficiency toilets
- Reclaimed or harvested water
- Solar hot water and electricity
- FSC harvested building materials
What is Green Building?
Green building refers to the building life-cycle process of a structure that is environmentally responsible and resource-efficient. This means from siting to design, construction, operation, maintenance, renovation and demolition, a builder uses environmentally friendly construction practices.